PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Paths

AugArmy5763
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
To E4 Vincent P. Thomas: We have crossed paths in 1959. Just as you were arriving in Wildflecken in Jan 1959 I was leaving in April, 1959 after two years. What a coincidence! Also to make it more amazing I also was assigned to Co "C" of the 3rd ARB 50th Inf. I was SP4 Augie Caringi and worked in the motor pool as a Track Mechanic. When we went to the field I would be in the Maintenance track. Our job was to keep the Company tracks humming and operational. It looks like we were crossing paths for about 3 months. Small world. I enjoyed my time in Wildflecken and still retain many great memories as I am sure you do. I am always amazed at the amount of time that has passed since those days on the "Rock".
I thank Don for creating this web that allows this coincidence to become known.
SP4 August L. Caringi, Clinton Township, Michigan (formerly of Detroit, Michigan)

palsan1
01-13-2015, 08:56 AM
To E4 Vincent P. Thomas: We have crossed paths in 1959. Just as you were arriving in Wildflecken in Jan 1959 I was leaving in April, 1959 after two years. What a coincidence! Also to make it more amazing I also was assigned to Co "C" of the 3rd ARB 50th Inf. I was SP4 Augie Caringi and worked in the motor pool as a Track Mechanic. When we went to the field I would be in the Maintenance track. Our job was to keep the Company tracks humming and operational. It looks like we were crossing paths for about 3 months. Small world. I enjoyed my time in Wildflecken and still retain many great memories as I am sure you do. I am always amazed at the amount of time that has passed since those days on the "Rock".
I thank Don for creating this web that allows this coincidence to become known.
SP4 August L. Caringi, Clinton Township, Michigan (formerly of Detroit, Michigan)

GOOD MORNING. THIS VINCENT P. THOMAS. NOW LIVING IN HERNANDO FL. E MAIL ( palsan1@centurylink.net ) when i left the rock , assigned to Ft. Devens Mass. Got out in Oct. 1963. Enjoying retirement from NYPD in 1987. Health is GOOD and my golf game needs alot of work . Vincent P. Thomas SGT.