PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Chaple story

SALTY
12-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Does anyone have an interesting chapel story to tell?

djmac
12-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Does anyone have an interesting chapel story to tell?

Yes.. I do. I spent 33 Months in Wildflecken. After awhile things start to seem the same over and over. One day when I was preparing lunch in HHQ of the 2/15 I was approached by the Mess Sgt, SSG Hicks. He says to me with a concerned look on his face, "Mac...you better break starch, shine your boots you need to see the Chaplin right away " I just stood there looking at him. He says "Well...Get going!" The cooks lived in the Mess Hall so I didn't have far to go. I got out of my cook whites and put on a starched set of fatigues and my boots that I use for inspections and ran up to the chapel. I went in and knocked on the Chaplin’s door, stepped in and reported. "Reporting as directed Sir" He said to me "Sit Down" I sat in front of the desk. He gets up and walks out. It was very quite. My mind was racing. What happen, what did I do, did something happen at home. I have to be honest I was scared to death. He returned after what seemed like an hour but was only a few minutes with a pad and pen in hand. "Do you Love your parents?" he said to me. "Of Course I do sir" I replied. He says "When was the last time you wrote home." I replied "I don't know maybe 3, 4 months" "Why" He asked. I said "there’s nothing to write home about, just snow and more snow." He hands me the pad and says "sit at the table in the corner and write your Mother, tell her anything but write her and let her know that you are okay. And the only time I want to see you here again is for service. Hear Me!" Yes Sir! Needless to say I wrote home at least twice a Month. Swore I would never do that again. Turns out my Mom, God Bless her soul called the Red Cross.